Just like everyone else in the US, I find myself in the middle of Thanksgiving week. For me, its a time to reflect on the past year and think about the things I am thankful for. Of course, I am extremely thankful for my wife, family, health, and freedom. I so often take those things for granted so I am glad that I have one week out of the year designated to remember. Looking back at the year, I am also very thankful for music. Music plays such an important role in my life.
Music that I am very thankful for in 2011
- Switchfoot “Vice Verses” – my absolute favorite album released in 2011!
- Coldplay’s performance at the iTunes Festival
- Katy Perry’s “Firework” Go ahead and make fun of me. My wife does. But…I wish I wrote that song. It is the Rocky Theme for the 2OOOs! It gets me so fired up! And it will be around for many years to come.
- Brandon Bee “Inside These Walls” Brilliant album front to back!
- Kings of Leon Live Concert on Palladia
- Roman Holiday – an unnamed unreleased record that I happened to have an advance copy
- Circleslide “Love Amazing”
- Holly Starr “Let Go”
- The OBB “Everything To Me”
- Mr Talkbox “Everything Works Together”